Labels

review (2)

Monday, April 4, 2011

Book Review



Book Blurb  (from amodernwitch.com)
Can you live 28 years without discovering you’re a witch?
Lauren is downtown Chicago’s youngest elite realtor.  She’s also a witch.  She must be - the fetching spell for Witches’ Chat isn’t supposed to make mistakes.  So says the woman who coded the spell, at least.
The tall, dark, and handsome guy sent to assess her is a witch too (and no, that doesn’t end the way you might think).  What he finds in Lauren will change lives, mess with a perfectly good career, and require lots of ice cream therapy.
Review
Chapter one shows just how modern these witches are with Jamie inside a website and Nell testing programming code.  Even though I am not a “techy” type person at all, I was able to get through words like “sniffer cookie” and understand what was going on.  As a matter of fact, I loved what was going on.  This modern witch family put a spell on me and pulled me right in – as was their plan!  With such a deep devotion to their heritage of witchcraft, Jamie, Nell and some other more senior witches “seek the ones who share their gifts.”
Nell and the other witches are excited when the fetching spell they designed grabs Lauren in Chicago as she sits on her comfy couch with her laptop and pretty much calls it a normal evening.  The slight intuition Lauren was used to feeling in her life definitely enhanced her career, but could it be more?  She agrees to go through the witch screening process and when Jamie comes to do some basic testing they encounter a wide-open mind witch experience.  As you can imagine, Lauren’s life becomes not so normal anymore. 
If you enjoy the notion of witchcraft, intuition and precognition, you’ll want to start downloading now. Not only to experience the intrigue of super natural powers but a story of strong family ties and finding the “circle” of friends you belong with.  Although I look for a few more twists and turns in a story, A Modern Witch by Debora Geary got me close to the characters, made me laugh and kept me engaged with its originality.  Looking forward to book two in the series so that I can hang out with this “circle” of friends a little more.~ ~ ~Lauri Chandler           
Disclaimer:  All opinions expressed are strictly my own based on my personal reading experience and in no way influenced by others.  I was not compensated for this review.

Book Details
Author:  Debora Geary
Format:  e-book about 300 pages
Publisher:  Fireweed Publishing (March 12, 2011)
Review Source:  Snagged a copy from Member Giveaways at LibraryThing

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of A Modern Witch before, but it does sound good! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a review of this on another blog and was intrigued. Your review help to sell me.

    Cheers,
    Ellen
    http://www.mymotherstuttered.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete